I haven’t done a whole lot since my last post, as I have struggled greatly with the blade of the weapon. I have remade the blade model about 8 times so far, 2 because I did not like how they looked, the others had to be remade because they broke in one way or the other.
I believe the blade I currently have will not break, I have kept the amount of booleans to a minimum, I have cleared the history multiple times and just in case, I have several duplicates which I will not touch. These duplicates have not broken so far and I will not touch them until I need them or the model is finished.
What I have done to the model is that I have improved where the shaft connects to the blade as the connection looks more fluent now, although it could still use a little improvement. I have also added blade detail, like patterns to the new blade.
I will improve upon my work by making the blog posts more frequent, and focusing more on the rest of the model, rather than just one part. In this case it’s the blade I’ve been mainly focused on, and I have hardly done any work on the rest of the model since my second post.
I am also thinking of leaving this model as it is now and moving onto a new one, as I am struggling a lot with parts on this model, mainly the blade. As it keeps breaking every time I reopen the scene. I have tried various things to try and prevent it breaking, so I will wait and see what it is like next time I open the model scene.