High Poly asset: 4

Since the last blog post I made, I have imported the cloth model into substance painter and have textured it. I have then exported all of the textures for the model back to Maya and have made several renders.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Currently the model is good enough to use as my final piece, in my opinion. However, I want to make the lighting a little bit lighter, It is quite dark and hard to see in these renders, however there are parts of green and brown on the pallet that do not blend properly, and it looks quite weird. So I will be fixing them for the next blog post.

Other than these two things, I believe I have done quite well on this model.

Here are some renders of each part of the asset by themselves:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

High Poly asset: 3

Since my last blog post I normal mapped the barrels, in an attempt to make the barrel look more dented and messed up, as I am trying to create a rough post apocalyptic feel.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

The high poly barrel has 1500 tris, while the low poly has 900 tris.

I have also imported the Barrel and Pallet into Substance painter, with the normal maps plugged in. Here is what i currently have.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

High Poly asset: 2

table 1.pngI have begun to model my asset, I have the low poly versions of each part of the desk, the pallet, barrels and cloth. I also added the heads of nails sticking out of the top of the pallet, although they are hard to notice. I used the Ncloth tool with the silk preset to create the cloth, I also attempted to texture the cloth in photoshop.

I have UV unwrapped the pallet, barrels and the cloth. However I will have to redo the cloth, since I have moved the position of the pallet since i created the cloth, meaning the cloth wont fit correctly.

High poly asset: 1

Our class has been split up into groups, consisting of 8 people. Each group has to produce a high poly environment, however each person has to produce their own asset, and on the final day each asset will be put into the same scene. Our group decided to go with a post apocalyptic theme, and I was tasked with creating a desk, or table. As the scene is going to be set inside of a safe room, or bunker like area.

At first i thought I was looking at normal like desks that you could find in most houses, and I was going to scuff up the model to push across the rough environment. However, I decided to make the desk more like a makeshift pile of junk. Making seem like the person living in the room had thrown together the desk with whatever they could find, I feel like this pushes across the post apocalyptic theme more so than the previous idea. The desk will consist of barrels as stands and a wood pallet for the actual main part of the desk. I then realised that the desk seems a bit too bare, and that the gaps in the pallet do not help. I decided to add a cloth to the top of the desk. (Maybe a worn rag, or stitched together cloth that the person living in the room found).

Post Apoc table

This is a rough idea of what i want my asset to look like, two different colored barrels, supporting a wood pallet covered in a cloth.

Analysis of Game Design

 

Hardware

Animal crossing is a well known game series published by Nintendo. Players move into a town filled with cartoonish animal characters and buy a house, then work, trade, and personalize their environment.

The game was first released on the Nintendo 6, but was initially meant to be released on the N64DD and was going to take advantage of the systems built in clock. However due to the systems delays the the game was moved to the N64 and a real time clock was integrated into the game cartridge. 8 months after the release of the original game animal crossing+ was brought to the Nintendo game cube. Animal crossing+ also used the built in clock in the game cube, allowing events and the passing of time to occur between game sessions.

When Nintendo began localizing Animal Forest+ for release in North America, just  as animal crossing, the game had to undergo a major translation process. The American version of the game ended up with more text than the Japanese version. Not only did thousands of lines of text have to be translated, but new items and holidays within the game had to be created.

Audiences

Originally the game series animal crossing was intended to be for the Japanese public, including all ages. It was mainly intended for family members that want to play games together. The game was taken this direction due to the work of Katsuya Eguchi. “Another thing is that I’d always get home really late. And my family plays games, and would sometimes be playing when I got home. And I thought to myself – they’re playing games, and I’m playing games, but we’re not really doing it together. It’d be nice to have a play experience where even though we’re not playing at the same time, we’re still sharing things together.

However, in 2002 animal crossing was being localized for America, the audiences stayed the same, family members of all ages. However, the game itself had to chance majorly, new holidays items and other parts of the games had to be changed or added. 16 new holidays had to be added for the american audience, including valentines day, April fools and Halloween.

acla