We’re a few weeks into the project now, and we have had several scrums allowing us to discuss the work we have done, what needs to be improved and what needs to be worked on next. These scums have been especially helpful for me when creating the environment, as it took me a while to decide on what style to go for with the canyon tiles, and the asteroids. The scrums allowed my peers to voice their opinions on exactly how I could improve the look of them.
At first I wasn’t too sure how to make the canyon look stylised but still look good, both Matthew and Billy helped me come up with several variations until we found one we all liked. We also discussed exactly how the floor would blend into the wall tiles and exactly how the floor would tile together.
During the scrums everyone also voiced their input on the player and enemy concept art drawn by Lee and the models created by Billy and Steven. The player ship concepts were changed as they were too simple and lacked detail, and the enemy ships were made to look more dangerous, so it you player was able to actually tell if they were enemies or not. For the actual player model, Billy changed the wings several times until there was one everyone agreed on.
For Andrew, during the scrums we discussed player movement, and the scaling inside of Unity for the ships and environment. Changes to the game mechanics are still being changed to help with the game schedule. The mechanics will only be implemented if we have enough time to create the assets that compliment the mechanics. For example, the tractor beam will only be implemented if the explosive barrel and damaged wall that can be blown up are created.
Gary had not been in for a few weeks, so we decided we need to cut out animation from the game, this was a group decision.